How to Wash & Wax Your MINI Cooper
Keep your MINI looking as good as the day you bought it. The MINI Cooper was made as a stand-out vehicle amongst the crowd, so why deny it of its stylish looks and heritage? Regularly washing and waxing your MINI helps prolong its lifespan and minimizes additional scratches while driving on the road.
Luckily, summer is finally here in Edmonton and now’s the perfect time to get your vehicle washed and waxed for the beautiful weather. Here’s a detailed guide on how you can wash and wax your MINI Cooper back to perfection.
- First thing’s first, giving your vehicle good rinse helps get rid of excess dirt building on top your vehicle.
- Add car soap in a bucket of water and use a washing mitt (or cloth) to start scrubbing your vehicle to remove any tough dirt or stains.
- Repeat until the body of the car is free from dirt
- Using a different washing mitt or cloth, begin washing your wheels or tires the same way as the car body. Washing with different cloths for the body and wheels helps prevent rocks or debris from scratching the paint on the vehicle.
- Once everything is properly washed, give the vehicle one final rinse.
While blow-drying your vehicle dry is easy and convenient, there’s a risk of blowing rocks and debris into your vehicle that may cause scratches and tiny dents.
- We recommend using microfibre cloths to wipe your vehicle dry.
- MINI Edmonton sells genuine exterior microfibre cloths, specially made to absorb and dry your vehicle.
- Don’t forget to open all your doors and hatches to dry the jams inside the vehicle.
- Hand waxing your vehicle with a cloth works well enough, but for better results and easier application, use a buffer to give your vehicle that extra shine.
- There’s several liquid or hard wax options for you to choose from, but we recommend using genuine MINI Express Wax available in a 500 ML bottle.
- Apply and wipe the wax in a back and forth motion across the body of your vehicle. Make sure to never wax in a circular motion because this can cause swirl marks to appear.
- When in doubt, always check with the instructions included with the wax you purchased on how to apply it.
Washing and waxing your MINI Cooper yourself is as easy as it gets. If you need any of the washing supplies we listed, make sure to let us at MINI Edmonton know and we’ll order them in for you!