Driving a MINI Cooper is one of the most fun experiences you can have behind the wheel. Its fast performance and sharp handling around corners make you feel like you’re in the Monte Carlo Rally racetrack. But much like owning any other car, a fair amount of responsibilities also come with it. Luckily, we at MINI Edmonton are experts in knowing what you need to know before you buy one!
If you ever decide to purchase a MINI for its performance and design, it’s only logical to make sure you want to keep it that way. Here are some things you should know about driving a MINI Cooper before you purchase one.
Service with a MINI Dealer
One of the most important things about servicing your MINI vehicle is to only get it serviced by a MINI dealership. This is because MINI dealerships are the only source for manufacturer-verified parts, as well as MINI Certified Technicians who are knowledgeable and experienced in servicing your vehicle. Using third-party parts to service a MINI vehicle may aid in the short-term but are prone to doing more damage to the vehicle’s overall quality in the long-term. While MINI Coopers don’t need to be serviced that frequently, the costs can be quite high and add more servicing needs can hike up the overall total.
Fuel with Premium
Because of the performance-based nature of the MINI engine, we think it’s best to only gas your vehicle up with premium fuel. While it is possible to use regular gas on a MINI, they tend to perform better and have better fuel efficiency with high-octane gasoline in the fuel tank. If you do decide to use regular fuel on a MINI, it will affect the engine’s performance in the long term and will actually end up need to be gassed up more frequently than before.
Know What MINI To Buy
Not only is it important to know how you should maintain your MINI, but the first decision you should be making is figuring out which MINI Model will best suit your needs. That’s why we listed down the strengths of each MINI model so you know what you’re getting into:
- 2018 MINI 3-Door Hatch: This is the classic MINI Cooper Coupe, which is perfect for those who want to get started on owning one
- 2018 MINI 5-Door Hatch: This model falls directly in the same vein as the 3 door, except with the extra two doors for your extra passengers to enter the cabin with ease.
- 2018 MINI Clubman: This features more performance-based attributes such as the ALL4 All-Wheel Drive as well as premium interior features
- 2018 MINI Convertible: For those who want to enjoy driving their MINI in the summer with the wind blowing in your hair, this collapsible roof model is perfect for you.
- 2018 MINI Countryman: For the more adventurous driver, the Countryman also offers AWD as well as more cargo space to store everything you need on the journey
These were just a few things to keep in mind before you purchase a MINI vehicle. If you have any more questions, let us here at MINI Edmonton know!